what to expect with treatment
Some patients receiving BOTOX® Cosmetic report the injections feel like a pinch. You may begin to notice a visible smoothing of frown lines, crow’s feet and forehead lines within 24 to 48 hours, with full results in 30 days lasting up to 4 months for moderate to severe frown lines.
- Avoid aspirin, ibuprofen & vitamin E for one week pre-injection as they may increase your risk of bruising.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages 24 hours before your appointment.
- Neuromodulators are not indicated if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, have allergies to any of its ingredients, or have a history of neurologic disorders. Please inform your physician or nurse if you have any questions about this prior to treatment.
- Bruising, redness, soreness and swelling in and around the injection sites are normal.
- It’s vital to the outcome of the procedure to stay in an upright position for 4 hours post procedure. Bending or lying down may spread the toxin and promote bruising.
- Avoid rubbing, massaging or applying pressure to the injection sites. Avoid facials, waxing/threading, massages and heavy exercise for the first 4 hours post treatment.
- It takes 10-14 days for the treatment to take full effect.
- If it is your first time having the procedure your doctor or nurse may want to schedule a follow up two weeks after your procedure to reassess.
- We ask patients to wait two full weeks for follow ups. Touch ups are available at an additional cost.
- Although the effects of neuromodulators vary, most patients repeat the procedure every 3-4 months for optimal results.
If you have any questions or concerns following treatment, please do not hesitate to call our office at 916-534-7267.
Entourage MD Skin & Wellness is now offering private BOTOX® Events
For questions, details & bookings please contact us by calling 916-534-7267 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.